Update: Luna Blue Theme (v0.3) for Mozilla Thunderbird is now available.
I’ve prepared an update for the Luna Blue theme for Mozilla Thunderbird. This update will work with (and only with) the latest Thunderbird 0.4 release. If you haven’t updated to 0.4 yet, it’s worth it.
Download/Install Luna Blue (v0.2) for Mozilla Thunderbird 0.4
lunabluethunderbird_0_2.jar – 637Kb RAR File
Here are the changes and updates to the theme:
- Added small toolbar icons to primary toolbar and compose toolbar
- Fixed visual glitch with double shadow on status bar
- Added contact list icon
- Cleaned up some old icons that were no longer used
- Lightened disabled toolbar icons (to 80% opacity)
- New window layout icons in the General Options window
- Minor updates to some of the box styles and borders in the main mail window (tree view, mail pane, and preview pane) [Note: this isn’t finished and has a few rough edged – however, I wanted to get a working release out for 0.4 ASAP]
- New throbber – dropped the Windows logo throbber, which we should probably never have used, and added a new throbber based on Garrett LeSage’s excellent BlueCurve theme from Fedora linux (which is now my primary operating system).
- Some new IMAP, Newsgroup icons, and secure icons that were missed in the first release (a few are still missing)
- Cleaned up group headers in address book details
- New Copy, Cut, and Paste icons in Message Compose toolbar
- Update for new separate attachment inditactor in inbox pane (nice new touch in 0.4)
- Icon for new Mark toolbar button
I’m not planning on going too much farthur with this theme as I’m more interested in working on refining the default theme rather than a niche (however large) theme.