Here’s a free invention idea for you (in that I have a stupid idea and will not do anything with it): The Zen Microwave.
The Zen Microwave only has one control: an on/off switch. Once you’ve started it, you have to remember to turn it off or your left-overs will turn into exploding spaghetti-charcoal.
If you want to heat up your lunch, it can go one of two ways:
- Put your lunch in the microwave and turn it on (remember, there’s no timer)
- Stand there for two minutes, focused and present
- Turn the microwave off and enjoy your hot lunch
- Put your lunch in the microwave and turn it on
- Wander around the kitchen, get a glass of water, check in on your online click-farm business on your phone, thumb through the Home Hampers & Hobbits flyer
- Smell burning and notice that your lunch has been super-heated for 10 minutes
Is it dangerous? Yes – but how else are you ever going to learn?